Thursday, May 11, 2006

Welcome and explanation

Welcome to this blog. It is a home page for the living the text in a postmodern context course, taught at Fuller Theological Seminary by Dr Steve Taylor. On the left hand side I will be adding the blogs of all the students in this course. Part of the assessment of this course is based on students recording their readings on-line. For other students, their assessment includes the comments and interaction they make on each other blogs.

Using on-line blogs is designed to enhance the student learning experience, by allowing them to interact with each other outside the classroom. It means that critical student reading is no longer a conversation between lecturer and student, but becomes a class conversation. Using blogs has the further benefit of introducing students to new technologies and enhancing their communication options, an essential ministry skill.

5 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Larry Spielman said...

Hi Steve

I have my blog up @http://spielltt.blogspot.com/

Second - as U are talking about DJing - I am reminded of the Narobi Statement that the Lutheran World Federation developed in naming how we are distinct in a global community - especially interms of worship. True to Lutherans it uses polarities.

Transcultural - cuts accross culture
Crosscultural - learning and borrowing from other cultures.
Contextual - sensative to the unique context, and
Countercultural - challenging the culture.

I like your term DJing - as the above polarities R ours to mix in developing worship and bringing forward the text.

Larry Spielman

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Larry Spielman said...

Steve

I am deeply grappling with what does it mean to DJ and not use the various "texts" as illustrations - but as a text in its own right. I hope U will say more about this :)

Larry

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Larry Spielman said...

Meeting at the Pub is a deeply embedded Lutheran tradition for students and professors (Luther and his Table Talk volume). I am sorry as I have to get home as I have a Board meeting tonight, thus cannot attend. Thanks for that opportunity!!!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Larry Spielman said...

Steve

Me again - the sermon U played -- so powerful

Could I listen to the sermon again - email to me??? it is helpful in learning how to preach...

lwspiel@gmail

Thanks

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phil,

I will update the blog over the weekend... this has been a week for me of battling jetlag and catching up on my church life and family commitments back home,

steve taylor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home